Quantitative Research Analyst
Orenda is a unique, timely and market-ready innovation based in ESG methodology. It provides an AI – based alternative dataset tailored to the needs of the financial market. Orenda replaces hunches with data points, making integration into multifactor financial models effortless and meaningful. Real time delivery of data and deep insights into a company’s reputation gives asset managers the competitive edge they’ve been seeking. Orenda’s dataset contains only relevant reputation metrics that are backed by decades of social science research to release the hidden value within. With Orenda, what was true in 1963 will also be true in 2063. Meaning, the metrics aren’t based on fads or trends. That opens the door to predictions the financial world could never benefit from, until now.
Membertou, Nova Scotia, Canada
Orenda is currently looking for a highly talented Quantitative Research Analyst with a history of exceptional academic record and/or industry experience who is interested in finance and research. The Quantitative Research Analyst will work alongside a high performing group of research and development professionals.
· Develop, modify, optimize, test and implement quantitative asset pricing models applying math skills including but not limited to stochastic calculus and statistics.
· Perform statistical analysis of historical and current financial market data employing Orenda’s proprietary datasets.
· Research and develop trading signals in equities and other asset classes utilizing stochastic discount based multi factor models and backtest portfolios for alpha generation.
· Constructs predictive models, algorithms and probability engines to support data analysis and product development.
· Explore and develop statistical and financial models, as well as support algorithm design
· To contribute to the growing body of knowledge within Orenda, including but not limited to regression, machine learning, exploratory data analysis, stochastic processes, and statistical modelling, forecasting, signals and prediction
· To perform data analysis and mathematical modeling to evaluate existing and new applications of Orenda’s data and technology using R, Stata, or SPSS
· Candidate must hold a BSC in Mathematics or Statistics.
· Must possess expert level in one or more of these languages R, Stata, SPSS , C/C++ and/or Python programming skills.
· Incredibly strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of work experience or strong academic records
· Some financial experience desired but not required.
· Must be a strong self-starter and able to work well independently.
· To develop visualization tools for understanding and annotating data
· To develop analysis plans, conduct studies and interpret results for the Orenda team
· To explore, contribute to, and enhance Orenda’s existing technology and products
Relationships and Communication:
· Contribute to the strategic planning and management of long-term research and development projects that create value for Orenda, our clients, partners and investors
· Collaborate with research and software development teams to determine best practices for data collection methodology, research design, and analysis
· To document results in written reports, including senior management at Orenda, as well as for funding and investment partners
· To interface with enterprise clients to uncover and support in the delivery of first-to-market solutions
If you feel you meet the requirements and want to be part of a dynamic team and a growing start-up with astronomical potential, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org + Subject Line should include the position you are applying for.